Accela Introduces Accela Mobile Inspector App for iPad and iPhone
Company provides state and local governments with role-specific mobile app for onsite inspections and investigations
SAN RAMON, Calif., Jan. 31, 2012– Accela, Inc., the leading provider of cloud, web and mobile software for e-government, today announced the availability of Accela Mobile Inspector™, the latest app in the company’s growing family of mobile solutions for governments using its flagship Accela Automation® enterprise software. Accela Mobile Inspector provides permitting, licensing, and code-enforcement professionals with functionality designed to perform onsite inspections or investigations, using their smartphone or tablet. Integrated with Accela Automation, the enterprise automation system of choice for hundreds of government agencies in the US and internationally, Accela Mobile Inspector connects mobile workers to their back-office accounts, enabling them to work from their desk, vehicle, or onsite, using their preferred device. The app is currently available for iPhone and iPad, and can be immediately downloaded for free from the iTunes App Store.
Accela Mobile Inspector adds to Accela’s expanding m-government ecosystem, which includes applications, devices and Accela data, all connected through the Accela Cloud. Accela is currently developing versions of Accela Mobile Inspector for Windows Phone 7 and Android devices, as well as a range of other role-based and task-centric apps targeted at the specific needs of various government workers.
As with other Accela mobile solutions, Accela Mobile Inspector boosts productivity by enabling users to perform their role-specific tasks without needing to return to the office. Inspectors using the app on their iPhones and iPads can execute complete onsite inspections—from initial log-in to submittal—and also can view and update their inspection details including checklists, attachments and comments. The app prevents remote data loss in areas with limited or no cellular service by saving all work locally to the device and seamlessly submitting the information when a connection is available.
“Empowering workers in today’s always-on environment means getting the right information to the right worker on the devices they already use,” said Bowen Wang, Senior Vice President of Engineering at Accela. “State and local governments looking to maximize mobile worker productivity, while reducing costs, are increasingly supporting tablet computers and smartphones within their IT mix—and Accela’s growing suite of role-specific apps are intended to meet this emerging need.”
Features Designed with Busy Inspectors and Investigators in Mind
Accela Mobile Inspector provides numerous capabilities for easy and efficient onsite inspection or investigation management, prior to synchronization with an agency’s Accela Automation system.
- Comment Management: For faster access, the app enables inspectors to add custom comments and mark frequently used comments as favorites. The comments section also aggregates all comments entered in any section of the inspection or investigation.
- Image Annotation: Users can take a new photo, or access an existing image and make simple annotations directly on them. In addition, comments can be added directly to the image, saving valuable time and reducing errors in data collection.
- Geo-Centric Job List: In the map view, the job list automatically centers to the user’s current location and displays the nearest jobs on a map.
- Batch Updates to Checklist Items: Checklist items can be updated individually or in batches from the list view. The inspector can change to a detailed view, if needed, to add more information such as comments, attachments or scores.
- Single-Click Calling: All phone numbers and locations can be accessed with a single click, enabling inspectors to quickly reach primary contacts or other relevant parties.
- Preview Mode:The app conveniently provides access to a simulated demo agency, which enables agency users to “test drive” the app and become familiar with its full range of functionality prior to using in a live setting.
Accela Mobile Inspector requires a registered user account on Accela Automation 7.0.5 Service Pack 3 or higher, and purchase of a mobile license from Accela. The license provides access to all Accela mobile apps, as well as Accela Mobile Office™ software. The app supports any device running iOS 4.3 or higher, with iPhone 4 or 4S and iPad 2 (3G) recommended. Additional information, including a video demonstration, can be found at www.accela.com/mobileinspector.