Planning & Zoning
Track and manage plan reviews online and manage designated land use
Traditional planning and zoning processes are dependent on manually moving paper plans between departments, requiring a great deal of time and coordination. Each extra day incurs added costs to a development project, impacting the bottom line.
An efficient planning department can have a significant impact on local and regional economic growth and the development of a healthy community. Accela Land Management for Planning & Zoning provides agencies of all sizes with a simple civic solution to streamline key processes while ensuring compliance with local, state and federal regulation.
Manage the growth of your community and ensure that existing and proposed land use complies with zoning designations, building codes and other laws. Track and manage entitlements, historical and environmental policies, and online plan and departmental reviews to move more quickly from planning through Certificate of Occupancy.
Online Plan and Document Review
With Electronic Document Review, contractors can upload their plans and documentation and track reviews in real time, helping to boost compliance with local regulations and codes. And, you can assign documents to multiple departments for parallel
“ The Accela Civic Platform gives us additional functionality to support document review and GIS capabilities in addition to mobile apps, and is aligned with our commitment to provide transparency and robust online services for our constituents.”
Rene Sedillo - Technology Manager, Planning and Development
Bernalillo County, New Mexico
- Track zone changes, variances and easements and administer zoning, site and building plans to ensure designated land use
- Manage general plan updates, including notifications for public hearings
- Manage building activities approved under ministerial review
- Get to project approval faster by managing and tracking plan reviews online while ensuring regulatory compliance
- Share data across your agency to use land and asset intelligence to make decisions
Learn more about Accela Land Management.