Accela Acquires Envista to Offer Right Of Way Management Capabilities
New Solutions Extend Civic Platform to Enhance Coordination Between Municipalities, Utilities and Agencies Of All Sizes and Provide Real-Time Information to Government and Citizens
SAN RAMON, Calif. – June 6, 2014 – Accela, the leading provider of civic engagement solutions for government, announced today that it has acquired Envista, a Massachusetts-based provider of right-of-way management solutions that help more than 120 customers better manage more than 160,000 projects in the United States. The acquisition extends the value of the Accela Civic Platform for the growing portfolio of government agency customers leveraging solutions for Land Management, Licensing, Asset Management, and Public Health and Safety. Accela will support all Envista customers, and they will now be able to leverage the Accela Civic Platform to manage and provide open data through CivicData.com, Accela’s free open data portal.
The Envista solution, which will be branded Accela Right of Way Management, is designed to increase the coordination between municipalities and utilities as well as county, state and federal agencies. By delivering up-to-date access to information about road construction, incidents and street activities, agencies can cut costs and consolidate processes, while improving communication to citizens. Accela Right of Way Management helps agencies coordinate all street activities and road construction projects between agencies and utility providers, enables roadwork prioritization and improves the management of street cuts. Envista’s strong presence in the right-of-way management includes customers such as: San Francisco, Baltimore, Anchorage, Ottawa, Memphis, Washington D.C. and PG&E.
“We’re pleased to have Envista join Accela,” said Maury Blackman, Accela President and CEO. “This acquisition provides immediate and long-term value for both companies’ customers, brings instant innovation and expands Accela’s solution portfolio to benefit more agencies around the world. Envista’s right-of-way solutions are a perfect fit, offering a collaborative approach to governing, reducing infrastructure project duration and costs, and minimizing impacts of projects and events on the public. We’re strengthening our leadership position while offering agencies more ways to engage with their citizens.”
Accela Right of Way Management offers the following capabilities:
- Project coordination: Centralizes all construction and maintenance data on when and where projects are taking place and displays the upcoming paving schedule and future events for planning purposes.
- Permit workflow management: Allows users to apply for right-of-way permits online, streamlines permit approval process, displays status of permits and allows permits to be shared across an enterprise.
- Attachment management: Allows users to upload and associate a wide range of documents to any project, event, incident or permit, as well as specific tasks.
- Special events: Displays all events in relation to construction and maintenance projects, highlights traffic impacts including road closures, detours and parking restrictions and allows for real-time maps to be posted on public websites.
- Street incidents: Allows users to alert others or be alerted to unplanned incidents in relation to construction, maintenance or special events.
- Citizen’s view: Presents a consolidated view for citizen engagement, offering information on projects, special events and street incidents in a map-based format with real-time updates.
“Envista has found a great partner in Accela,” said Mark Prestipino, President & CEO, Envista. “We have great appreciation for what Maury and his team have done to transform Accela and the leadership they have demonstrated in the space. This acquisition strengthens their portfolio of solutions and the real winners here will be our customers. I am proud of the Envista team and all that we accomplished together, and I wish them continued success in the new organization under Brad’s leadership.”
“Accela is a leader in civic solutions for government, and has a rich history of working with agencies and citizens,” said Brad Steer, Senior Vice President and General Manager in the newly formed Accela Right of Way Management business unit. “Now, we’ll be able to innovate faster than ever before, create a more comprehensive solution and continue to deliver the top-notch capabilities and support that our agency customers have come to expect. We look forward to providing more value to our customers and to being a part of the growing Accela community.”