Mesa, Arizona, Selects Accela Cloud Offering to Maximize Efficiency and Community Engagement
Streamlining Land, Licensing and Case Management with the Accela Civic Platform
SAN RAMON, Calif. – January 20, 2015 – Accela, the leading provider of civic engagement solutions for government, today announced that the City of Mesa, Arizona, will upgrade its legacy permitting and code compliance system with the Accela Civic Platform and solutions to increase citizen engagement, streamline processes and provide field workers with improved mobile capabilities. Mesa will leverage the Accela Civic Cloud, eliminating hardware, software and resource costs associated with staffing and maintaining IT infrastructure.
Mesa is the third-largest city in Arizona with more than 457,000 residents. The City is focused on providing the advantages of a thriving metropolis with advanced civic engagement technology.
“Accela presented us with an enthusiastic team eager to quickly deliver the complete set of capabilities we’re looking for to manage our core processes and improve community services,” said Christine Zielonka, Development and Sustainability Director for the City of Mesa. “We’re looking forward to strengthening our commitment to our citizens while completing transformative projects that we’ve been planning for years.”
The one-year project will kick off in February, with the City of Mesa benefitting from the following solutions and capabilities:
- Accela Land Management: Makes it easy for Mesa to coordinate activities for the consideration and approval of land use and building permits, inspections and enforcement to meet its jurisdiction codes.
- Accela Licensing and Case Management: Helps Mesa manage and regulate licensing, streamline revenue collections, enhance enforcement actions and improve customer service.
- Citizen Access: Delivers a cost-effective way to move traditional counter and call center services to the Web, providing citizens with easy, online, mobile and multi-language access to Mesa’s services.
- GIS: Provides a robust solution for leveraging Mesa’s geospatial data to improve decision-making and streamline processes. Provides a geographic view of all land use, zoning and infrastructure information associated with parcels, permits, inspections, code cases, assets, work orders or service requests.
- Mobility: Extends all solutions to iOS, Android and Windows mobile tablets and smartphones, giving inspectors and field agents access to documents in real time and the ability to update project files from their mobile devices.
“We feel fortunate to support Mesa’s mission to modernize its services and foster civic engagement,” said Maury Blackman, Accela President and CEO. “In the next year, we’re looking forward to implementing the Accela’s Civic Platform and mobile solutions to provide Mesa with a foundation for an efficient, collaborative government.”