Accela’s Winter 2018 Release
Enhancements to the CIVIC platform
Accela Civic Platform Version 9.3.0 focuses on efficiency for daily tasks to help you navigate and surface the information you need at the right time.
New Capabilities for Record Searching and Management
Version 9.3.0 includes enhancements and time-saving features for daily tasks associated with managing, creating, viewing and making batch updates to records within the system.
- Rapidly create new records by searching and navigating personalized groupings of record types with a new UI, improving speed and ease of use.
- Search records by their status, eliminating the need to drill into individual records to check status and retrieve details.
- Gain additional context when searching and viewing records with the record name now located in the record detail header, making it easier to find what you are looking for.
- Make batch updates across multiple records in one process in Asset Management, rather than needing to update them individually.
Accela product updates
The new Accela Mobile client includes improved functionality for users in the field, including:
- Field inspectors and enforcement officers can create new cases in the field rather than going to different client UIs to complete work, reducing downtime and creating a more complete experience within the mobile environment.
- Field worker capabilities are expanded and include the ability to select case record type, complete custom fields and tables, capture evidence and add comments.
With Version 9.3.0, the Accela GIS user experience, including how information is searched, presented and captured, has been improved. Users can now:
- View and retrieve data and transactions from across multiple parcels by selecting an area on the map. The system can show the aggregated records for the parcels chosen, preventing users from having to select them individually and managing the information associated with those parcels manually.
- Access documents and create new records for multiple parcels at the same time, reducing effort and errors.
- More easily synch assets with ESRI GIS systems.
- Display scheduled inspections on the GIS map, for improved routing and work management.
- Configure address, parcel, owner templates fields from within Accela GIS administration.
Accela Citizen Access and CivicPay Integration for Trust Accounts
It is now easier to integrate Accela Citizen Access and CivicPay in V9.3.0 to accept payments from citizens. With Accela 9.3.0, there is a pre-built integration utility to reduce the time and cost to embed CivicPay payment capabilities with Accela Citizen Access. The integration offers the ability for:
- Citizens and licensed professionals to make payments using trust accounts, Credit Cards, and ACH accounts with CivicPay.
- Citizens and business professionals can now use trust accounts as an option when they manage large amounts of work within their jurisdictions. They can deposit money into an account and provide access to their team to draw down from it, saving administration time and effort.
Accela CivicPay has launched a new Merchant Center, integrates with Online-bills.com, and has improved payment processing speed. Features include:
- Accela CivicPay Merchant Center provides agencies with the ability to manage payments, reporting and reconciliation, all in real time. Quick processing speeds provide the ability to rapidly research payments by multiple fields, reverse payments and settle in batch. A built-in self-guided training gets you up to speed quickly.
- Increased speed improves payment processing time and load time for payment redirect pages.
- Online-bills integration to CivicPay provides Online-bills customers with the ability to replace the Online Merchant Center (OMC) gateway while simultaneously simplifying the vendor network. Integrating to CivicPay as the payment processor provides improved stability and efficiency for recurring payment processing and reduces payment batches stuck in the processing state.
Accela Finance & Administration
Accela Finance & Administration continues to improve usability, with updates to Auditor Exports and Utility Billing meter functionality, among other things.
- Auditor exports have been added to assist with data requests from auditors and are available in the Cash Receipts and Accounts Payable modules, as well as in the Payroll module for specific clients.
- Utility Billing’s new add/subtract meter functionality provides greater flexibility for clients that need to have combined consumption from multiple meters on one account. Also added is the ability to also have deduct functionality from multiple meters on other accounts. Clients no longer need to choose which of the scenarios is most important as we now support both setup options.