Beyond being disruptive, transformative, and even at times polarizing, 2020 also provided us a unique view into the incredibly positive impact that partnerships, agility, and innovation can have in times of change. It is no secret that on the heels of the year we have had, government IT and business leaders have been working overtime to ensure they get things right for this next normal — and quickly — which includes having the partners and solutions in place to help them deal with the non-stop, accelerating pace of change.
Flexibility to Navigate What Comes Next
For more than 20 years, partnerships, agility, and innovation have been things Accela prioritizes for state and local governments, and they are also the pillars of our national event series, Govern the Future Academy. When we use the term ‘govern the future’, we are referring to all the potential and possibilities inherent in a reimagined way of governing, and doing so in a manner that best prepares governments for whatever may be around the corner.
At next month’s Govern the Future Academy – Western Region, we are welcoming agencies from throughout the region and talking about the agency of the future. Many believe a lynchpin of what the agency of the future is the idea of connected government. Government agencies connected across communities and jurisdiction types; agencies and departments connected more closely with those they serve; government employees connected more tightly with the data. Modern technology makes this all possible, and it’s yielding enormous benefits. I hope you’ll join us on May 5th to hear about some of these benefits and meet the people who are dedicated to helping make it happen.
Wednesday, May 5, 2021
9:30 AM – 2:30 PM PST
Reimagining the Agency of the Future
Our opening 75-minute keynote event and follow-on Breakout Session offering is open to all western region government agencies (you do not need to be an Accela customer to participate). Here are some of the highlights you can expect:
- An exclusive conversation with Dustin Haisler, Chief Innovation Officer at e.Republic addressing top attributes of a future-proof government in his keynote presentation, “Prioritizing Today for the Government of Tomorrow.” He’ll also explain why digitization isn’t the same as digital transformation.
- Dustin’s keynote will be followed by a panel of expert govtech practitioners from the State of Oregon, Tacoma, WA, Microsoft, and OpenCities to discuss “Creating the Agency of Tomorrow through Connected Government”. They will share their experiences and recommendations for modernizing your community and employee experiences, and navigating the demands and opportunities of a digital future.
Informative Breakout Sessions will deep-dive into practical topics such as:
- New and evolving revenue streams, ways to minimize the budgetary impact of COVID-19, and navigating declining revenues and shifting priorities.
- Enhancements to, and applications of, Accela’s Environment Health and Cannabis solutions that help agencies respond nimbly to change.
- Five best practices for stress-free cloud adoption.
- The keys to easier sharing of data and process across departments and jurisdictions.
Partnerships Make the Difference
An event like this is not possible without the support from our partners and sponsors, who consistently show up and add tremendous value to our ecosystem of colleagues committed to building out and implementing the best solutions for the best outcomes. Govern the Future Academy will feature a Partner Pavilion staffed with our technology and implementation partners including Byrne, DigEplan, e-PlanSoft, ePermitHub, Gray Quarter, Microsoft, Selectron, SepTech, TruePoint, Velosimo, and Vision33. Each partner will have representatives on-hand to consult with, and attendees will even have a chance to win some great prizes!
We are looking forward to the day soon when we can all safely be together again, but in the interim, Accela virtual events like our Govern the Future Academy series allow us to keep the dialogue going, and I hope you will consider joining us next month.
Register here to learn more. See you on the 5th!