Accela Releases Work Crew App for Productive Asset Management in Government
Industry’s first government app for iPhones and iPads promoting more effective resource allocation and utilization designed to better manage public works
SAN RAMON, Calif., Aug. 27, 2012 – Accela, Inc. has announced the release of Accela Work Crew™ mobile app for iOS mobile devices, enhancing asset management in government by field staff who maintain assets and track work orders. Work Crew is part of a growing suite of mobile apps from Accela comprising the Accela ‘Platform4Gov,’ a framework for increasing government productivity and citizen engagement on top of Accela’s foundational technology. Accela is the leading provider of mobile, web- and cloud-based software exclusively for government.
Suite of Apps Tailored to Specific User Roles
“Accela mobile apps for government workers are a revolutionary game-changer for the way that government increases productivity,” said Accela President and CEO, Maury Blackman. “As part of our strategy to provide apps tailored to specific user roles, Work Crew moves Accela Automation's powerful workflow out of the office and into the field, where asset workers spend most of their time. Productivity gains are realized through intuitive user interfaces, GIS integration, and data that syncs automatically."
Productivity Tool for Tracking Asset Management in Government and Asset-Maintenance Work Orders
Accela Work Crew is one of Accela’s expanding line of mobile apps for government that are integrated with Accela Automation® enterprise software. Work Crew helps improve work efficiency and information accuracy for asset management in government, including transportation, storm water, and wastewater infrastructure. The app allows field workers and supervisors to complete tasks, progress workflow, and add supporting information to Work Orders right from the worksite.
More specifically, Work Crew provides the following functionality:
- Prioritizes and sorts work orders by date, type, or priority for more effective management of work load.
- Views locations of scheduled and completed Work Orders on Esri maps, containing agency-defined and GIS layers enabling workers to quickly locate exact asset locations and details.
- Updates Work Order and Workflow Tasks. Documents the completion of tasks and updates Work Order Status.
- Adds supporting information, including task completion date and time, time spent on each task, time of completion, and comments for greater accuracy of data.
- Searches for existing work orders in Accela Automation using a number of criteria and saves often-used searches for quick, one-click access to results.
- Attaches photographs and audio messages.
Accela Work Crew for iOS can be downloaded at the Apple iTunes Store. Anyone can preview the app for free. Accela customers can download and use the app at no extra cost if their agency has an Accela mobile license.