DefinitionsContent: any Information or data that you upload, submit, post, create, transmit, store or display in an Accela product or service. Downloadable Products: Accela’s downloadable software products and mobile applications, including bundles of code, resources, and configuration files that can be used with an Accela product to add new functionality (including product version upgrades) created by Accela that are installed by customers on a device of their choice. Information: all forms of data, content, and information collected by us. Personal Information: Information that may be used to readily identify or contact you as an individual person, such as: name, address, email address or phone number. Personal Information does not include Information that has been anonymized such that it does not allow for the ready identification of specific individuals.
Our Collection of Personal InformationAccela collects Personal Information from you at several different points, including but not limited to the following: when we correspond with you as a customer or prospective customer; when you use our products or services; when you visit, register, or otherwise provide us your Personal Information on our website; when you contact us for help; when you interact with our advertising and marketing content; and when you participate at our conferences, attend our webinars, or visit our tradeshow booths. In using our products or services or requesting Information, you may provide a password for your account, your real name, industry, agency name, job role and contact Information. We may also collect other information including but not limited to the specific Accela product or service being used, the associated license identifier and domain name, the username and IP address or the individual using the product or service function; your credit card number and billing address when purchasing an Accela product or service; analytics Information including aggregated usage data; and other additional Information required to detail the operation of the Accela product or service.
Our Use of Your Information and Personal InformationAccela may use your Information and Personal Information to:
- Deliver the products and services that you have requested, including software updates.
- Manage your customer relationship and provide you with customer support.
- Perform research and analysis about our customers’ use of, or interest in, our products, services or content.
- Operate and improve our internal operations, systems, products and services including benchmarking system performance.
- Understand you and your preferences to enhance your experience.
- Respond to your comments and questions, and provide customer service.
- Send you service-related information, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
- Deliver marketing communications.
- Enforce our terms and conditions.
- Recruit, onboard, and distribute payroll and benefits.
- Communicate with you about products or services that may be of interest to you.
- When we have your permission, including when you choose to share Personal Information including using Accela Community or post to our blogs.
- We may provide your Personal Information to our agents, partners, contractors, vendors or service providers who perform functions on our behalf.
- We may disclose Personal Information to comply with laws or in response to legal process, for example, in response to a court order or a subpoena. We also may disclose Personal Information in response to a law enforcement agency’s request, or where we believe it is necessary to investigate, verify, prevent, enforce compliance with, or take action regarding: illegal or suspected illegal activities; suspected fraud; situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person; protection of the rights and property of Accela, our agents, customers or others; or violations or suspected violations of our agreements, policies or end user license agreements; or as otherwise required or permitted by law, or consistent with legal requirements. We reserve the right to transfer or disclose Personal Information in our system relating to or during negotiation of any merger, financing, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, transaction or other proceeding involving sale, transfer, divestiture or assignment of all or a portion of our business or assets to a different entity.
- Finally, we may also share aggregated, anonymized or statistical information about you, including demographics data, with others for a variety of purposes, including for their own uses, for example, for improving their products and services for Accela and others.
Our Security Measures to Protect your Personal InformationWe have put in place reasonable and appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures in an effort to help safeguard Personal Information we collect. However, Accela cannot fully eliminate security risks associated with Personal Information. To help protect yourself, please use a strong password, do not use the same passwords you use with other accounts or services, and protect your usernames and passwords.
End Customer DataAccela’s customer may electronically submit Information to the product or service for processing and storage purposes (“End Customer Data”). We may access or process End Customer Data only for the purpose of providing the product or service or preventing or addressing service or technical problems or as may be required by law. If your Personal Information has been submitted to us by an Accela customer and you wish to exercise any rights you may have to access, correct, amend, or delete such data, please inquire with the relevant customer directly. Since Accela personnel have limited ability to access Information our customers submit to our products or services, if you wish to make your request directly to Accela, please provide the name of the Accela customer who submitted your data to our product or service. We will refer your request to that customer.
International Storage and Transfer of your Personal InformationAccela is a global company with affiliates, various business processes, management structures and technical systems that cross borders. Information collected by Accela or on behalf of may be stored on our computers, on our mobile devises, or on our servers, and may be transferred to, accessed from, or stored and processed in the United States and other counties including but not limited to Ireland, United Arab Emirates, Australia, New Zealand, Canada and any other country where Accela or its service providers maintain facilities or support centers.
Your Access to and Amendment of your Personal InformationOur marketing emails tell you how to “opt-out” of receiving further marketing emails. If you opt out, we may still send you non-marketing emails including emails about your accounts and our business dealings with you. We allow you to access your Personal Information (with proper identification verification), and allow you to correct, amend or delete inaccurate Personal Information, except where the burden or expense of providing such an access is disproportionate to the individual privacy risk, or where the rights of persons other than the requesting individual risk being violated. This information request can be made by sending an email to [email protected]
Children’s PrivacyBecause of the nature of our business, our services are not designed to appeal to minors. We do not knowingly attempt to solicit or receive any information from anyone under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us immediately.
Contacting UsIf you have questions or suggestions, please email Accela at [email protected]. Please send all written communication to: Accela, Inc. Attn: General Counsel 2633 Camino Ramon, Suite 500 Bishop Ranch 3 San Ramon, California 94583, United States