Our Collection of Personal Information
Accela collects the following categories of Personal Information:
- personal identifiers personal data including name, agency, job title, email; address, account name, IP address,
- commercial information including records of products or services purchases,
- Internet or network activity including a data subject’s interaction with our website,
- employment information
- from you at several different points, including but not limited to the following:
- when we correspond with you as a customer or prospective customer.
- when you request information about our products or services.
- when you use our products or services as a customer, including the specific Accela product or service used, the associated license identifier and domain name, user name and IP address of individual using the product or service; your credit card number and billing address when purchasing an Accela product or service; analytics Information including aggregated usage data;
- when you establish an online account as a customer, we collect your name, industry, agency name, job role, contact information
- when you visit, register, or otherwise provide us your Personal Information via our website.
- when you contact us for help.
- when you interact with our advertising and marketing content; and when you
- participate at our conferences, attend our webinars, or visit our tradeshow booths.
- apply for a job, or when you onboard as an employee
Our Use of Your Information and Personal Information
Accela may use your Personal Information for the following business purposes:
- Deliver the products and services that you have requested, including software updates.
- Manage your customer relationship and provide you with customer support.
- Perform research and analysis about our customers’ use of, or interest in, our products, services or content.
- Operate and improve our internal operations, systems, products and services including benchmarking system performance.
- Understand you and your preferences to enhance your experience.
- Respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service.
- Send you service-related information, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
- Deliver marketing communications.
- Enforce our terms and conditions.
- Recruit, onboard, and distribute payroll and benefits.
- Communicate with you about products or services that may be of interest to you.
Our Disclosure of Your Personal Information to Third Parties
We may share your Personal Information with third parties for the following business purposes:
- When we have your permission, including when you choose to share Personal Information including using Accela Community or post to our blogs.
- We may provide your Personal Information to our agents, partners, contractors, vendors or service providers who perform functions on our behalf.
- We may disclose Personal Information to comply with laws or in response to legal process, for example, in response to a court order or a subpoena. We also may disclose Personal Information in response to a law enforcement agency’s request.
- To detect security incidents including when it is necessary to investigate, verify, prevent,
enforce compliance with, or take action regarding: illegal or suspected illegal activities; suspected fraud; situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person; protection of the rights and property of Accela, our agents, customers or others; or violations or suspected violations of our agreements, policies or end user license agreements; or as otherwise required or permitted by law, or consistent with legal requirements. We reserve the right to transfer or disclose Personal Information in our
system relating to or during negotiation of any merger, financing, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, transaction or other proceeding involving sale, transfer, divestiture or assignment of all or a portion of our business or assets to a different entity.
- For auditing purposes including the interaction with the customer and for compliance.
- Finally, we may also share aggregated, anonymized or statistical information about you, including demographics data, with others for a variety of purposes, including for their own uses, for example, for improving their products and services for Accela and others.
Because of the nature of our business, our services are not designed to appeal to minors. We do not knowingly attempt to solicit or receive any information from anyone under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us immediately.
End Customer Data
Accela’s customers may electronically submit Information to an Accela product or service for processing and storage purposes (“End Customer Data”). In this instance, we function as a service provider and may access or process End Customer Data only for the purpose of providing the product or service or preventing or addressing service or technical problems or as may be required by law.
If your Personal Information has been submitted to us by an Accela customer and you wish to exercise any rights you may have to access, correct, amend, or delete such data, please inquire with the relevant customer directly. Since Accela personnel have limited ability to access Information our customers submit to our products or services, if you wish to make your request directly to Accela, please provide the name of the Accela customer who submitted your data to our product or service. We will refer your request to that customer.
Your Data Subject Rights
Your Access, Amendment and Deletion of your Personal Information for all data subjects:
We allow you to access, correct or delete your Personal Information with proper identification verification. Accela may not disclose or delete data if an exemption or exception to deletion exists. You can submit your request by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our marketing emails tell you how to “opt-out” of receiving further marketing emails. If you opt out, we may still send you non-marketing emails including emails about your accounts and our business dealings with you.
For Residents of California: The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) provides privacy protections to California consumers as follows:
Accela does not sell your personal information so does not provide an opt-out page.
If you are a California resident, you have the following rights under data protection law:
Right to access
You have the right to request data collected about you, including:
- Categories of information collected about you
- Categories of sources from which information is collected about you
- Business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information
- Categories of third parties with whom Accela shares data
- Specific pieces of information Accela has collected about you
You have the right to request what data is shared about you, including:
- Categories of information collected about you
- Categories of personal information shared about you
- Categories of third parties to whom personal information was shared, by category
- Categories of data Accela discloses for a business purpose
Disclosures provided under CCPA will identify the personal information collected in the previous 12 months.
Right to deletion
You have the right to deletion of information unless an exception applies.
Right to non-discrimination
You shall not be discriminated against for exercising any of these consumer privacy rights.
Right to use an authorized agent
You have the right to use an authorized agent to submit a request to know or a request to delete on your behalf. Accela will require:
- Your written permission to allow the authorized agent written permission; exercise your rights.
- Verification of the agent’s and your own identity. Accela may deny a request from your or your agent if Accela cannot verify the identification of the individual making the request.
To submit a request please email: email@example.com
Our Retention of your Personal Information
Our Security Measures to Protect your Personal Information
We have put in place reasonable and appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures in an effort to help safeguard Personal Information we collect. However, Accela cannot fully eliminate security risks associated with Personal Information. To help protect yourself, please use a strong password, do not use the same passwords you use with other accounts or services, and protect your usernames and passwords.
International Storage and Transfer of your Personal Information
Accela is a global company with affiliates, various business processes, management structures and technical systems that cross borders. Information collected by Accela or on behalf of may be stored on our computers, on our mobile devises, or on our servers, and may be transferred to, accessed from, or stored and processed in the United States and other counties including but not limited to Ireland, United Arab Emirates, Australia, New Zealand, Canada and any other country where Accela or its service providers maintain facilities or support centers.
If you have questions or suggestions, please email Accela firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send all written communication to: Accela, Inc. Attn: General Counsel 2633 Camino Ramon, Suite 500 Bishop Ranch 3 San Ramon, California 94583, United States.