Integration Offers Fully Web-Based Plan and Document Review
Accela, the leading provider of cloud-based civic engagement solutions for government, announced today the integration between e-PlanSoft’s
e-PlanCheck (ePC) with the Accela Civic Platform and Electronic Document Review (EDR). The ePC integration offers government agencies a new, fully web-based plan review option that leverages the current EDR features for document intake and management. The ePC customized document review and markup tool is built specifically for plan review agencies focused on high-impact communications and is designed to help industry professionals collaborate more easily while streamlining complex review processes.
ePC is fully integrated with the Accela Civic Platform, leveraging the power of a web-based truly concurrent use plan review solution that provides extensive markup, comment, electronic stamp and signature functionality for documents submitted in PDF format.
“We very much look forward to the next stage of electronic document review with our e-PlanCheck implementation and the new integration with Accela,” said Aaron Nance, Technology Services Supervisor, Kern County Planning Department, Kern County, California. “The e-PlanSoft staff and support are top notch and super responsive, and the integration with Accela’s existing workflow and document system is a wonder. This integration marks the next step in the service we provide to our citizens.”
The integrated ePC functionality offers:
- An easy-to-learn, easy-to-use format application that runs in your web browser. No special software is required.
- Creation of workflows for automatic plan distribution through the Accela Civic Platform. Applicants can submit plans and supporting documents through Citizen Access without the need for printed assets.
- Advanced resubmittal and version tracking features that make the resubmittal process more efficient.
- Concurrent review of plans and the ability to see comments and sketches in real time.
- A standard comment library that supports the import of agency checklist forms and standard markup comments stored and managed within the application.
- Agency-specific correction letters created on the fly with each comment made by reviewers.
- Integrated side-by-side and overlay comparison that supports document comparison and review in one step.
“Today, architects and engineers look to their building officials to offer electronic plan check services as a way to contend with the growing review and documentation process,” said Maury Blackman, Accela President and CEO. “With e-PlanSoft’s e-PlanCheck integration with Accela, complex reviews and coordination that would normally take weeks may only take a few days, significantly reducing costs, improving turnaround time and offering a truly collaborative environment that meets strict agency standards.”
To learn more about ePC’s integration with the Accela Civic Platform, visit Booth #613 at the American Planning Conference
or visit www.accela.com for more information.