Multi-Million Dollar Investment Highlights Growing Agency Trend to Transform Business Processes with Mobile and Online Efficiency
Accela, the leading provider of cloud-based civic engagement solutions, announced today that the Tennessee Alcohol Beverage Control Commission (Tennessee ABC)
has selected the Accela Civic Platform
to modernize its system for licensing and enforcement. Accela solutions will enhance operations for the Tennessee ABC, ensuring consistent and transparent alcohol licensing that meets agency needs without requiring large upfront investments or additional IT resources.
Tennessee ABC will run Accela Licensing and Case Management
on the Civic Platform, which will automate business processes for the agency. At the same time, the solutions provide citizens with the ability to apply for, renew and check the status of licenses online, giving them greater visibility and helping control the application fees needed to comply with state regulations.
The Commission consists of licensing entities throughout the state that are responsible for regulatory duties including licensing, distribution, permitting and law enforcement. To ensure consistency in alcohol review, issuance and enforcement activities, the Commission determined a system upgrade was in order.
“Our goal is to streamline our processes, encourage online application and issuance, and go paperless,” said Doug Duncan, IT Director, Tennessee ABC. “Accela was able to not only meet and exceed Tennessee ABC’s unique regulatory requirements, but also to demonstrate an exceptional ability to help the Commission automate and help our citizens.”
From initial application to final issuance of licenses and permits, the Accela solutions supporting Tennessee ABC are configurable and flexible, providing Tennessee ABC with the following benefits:
- Deliver timely customer service by streamlining and automating internal processes with a powerful workflow engine
- Extend inspection and investigative capabilities to the field for enforcement agents with Accela’s mobile applications
- Integrate case tracking from complaints, inspections, investigations and adjudications to licenses records
- Compile reporting data with ad hoc reporting tools and extract information
- Provide guidelines, regulations and online applications with a “Business Express” presence for licensees, stakeholders and citizens
- Leverage native GIS capabilities to get a geographic view of all license, permit, inspection and enforcement data
“One of the biggest trends we see across state agencies is a commitment to improving online delivery of services,” said Maury Blackman, Accela President and CEO. “By shifting to the forefront of technology and implementing Accela’s cloud-based solutions, the Tennessee ABC will be able to quickly revamp their licensing operation to gain better control and provide superior service.”
The state of Tennessee joins a rapidly growing list of state Alcohol and Beverage Control agencies that rely on Accela’s Civic Platform for a single-system approach. The state agencies in New York, Massachusetts, Washington, D.C., and Alabama are current customers, as are the municipalities in Denver, CO, Lenexa, KS, and Framingham, MA. On a national level, the U.S. Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau and Abu Dhabi are customers as well.