Seasoned experts to help shape innovation that addresses rapidly evolving digital needs of government customers globally
SAN RAMON, Calif.– Accela, the leading provider of cloud-based SaaS solutions for government, announced today the creation of the Technology Advisory Council (TAC) that will support Accela’s leadership team in developing world-class technology and software for its government customers worldwide. The new council will be comprised of five technology experts from a variety of industries, each with deep experience in growing companies, building partnerships, and advising on technology considerations to ensure customer success. The TAC members include Mark Jung, an Accela board member; Khurram Mahmood, chief technology officer at Vineti; Serge Massicotte, the CEO at NesPa LLC; Jonathan Nuger, principal at Berkshire Partners; and Randy Sloan, an operating advisor at Berkshire Partners.
“As a leader in providing solutions that enable governments to more efficiently build communities, grow businesses and protect citizens, Accela is committed to staying at the forefront of innovation in developing and delivering the fastest, most flexible and powerful solutions for our customers,” said Gary Kovacs, Accela CEO. “Our Technology Advisory Council brings together decades of technical savvy from a range of industries, enabling us to implement proven best practices and insights that will benefit how our customers and their communities use our software to grow and thrive.”
The TAC will support Accela’s leadership team across all facets of technology, including Accela’s product roadmap, software architecture, database design, API strategy, platform strategy, cloud operations, IT infrastructure, hosting, cybersecurity and more. The council will be a dynamic organization designed to scale and modify its areas of focus as new technologies and opportunities for Accela, and for government technology more broadly, continue to evolve.
- Mark Jung has more than two decades of enterprise software and cloud expertise in scaling private and public companies to achieve rapid and profitable growth. He has advised Accela on strategic and operating initiatives since 2015, and has served on Accela’s Board of Directors since early 2016.
- Khurram Mahmood spent much of his early career as a technology leader at Oracle and subsequently as an early employee at Workday. He has advised or co-founded startups across the tech landscape and currently serves as the chief technology officer of Vineti, a software company serving the life sciences industry.
- Serge Massicotte has a successful track record with startups, large companies and public corporations. He has held senior management roles at Ivado Labs, JDA Software, Cloud9, Taleo Corporation and others. He is seasoned in software development, technology, SaaS, digital transformation and AI.
- Jonathan Nuger has significant experience investing and supporting companies in the software and technology-enabled services spaces in his role as principal of Berkshire Partners. He also has extensive experience guiding investments and strategy in his prior experiences at Golden Gate Capital and Bain & Co. He also previously worked at Metaweb Technologies, a semantic intelligence company acquired by Google in 2010.
- Randy Sloan has more than 30 years of business transformation and technology leadership experience working with multiple Fortune 500 brands to drive strategic business growth through enabling innovative technology. Randy is currently an Operating Advisor with Berkshire Partners and is the former CIO of Southwest Airlines. Prior to that Randy was the CIO for PepsiCo International.
About Accela Accela provides market-leading SaaS solutions that empower state and local governments to build thriving communities, grow businesses and protect citizens. Powered by Microsoft Azure, Accela’s open and flexible technology helps agencies address specific needs today, while ensuring they are prepared for any emerging or complex challenges in the future. Accela is headquartered in San Ramon, California, with additional offices around the world. For more information, visit www.accela.com