New York City’s COVID-19 Public-Private Partnership Czar; Dallas’ Chief Innovation Officer; and Fayetteville, Arkansas’ Chief of Staff join Accela panels at annual event and new day dedicated to bringing together public and private sector to discuss the future of America’s cities
San Ramon, Calif. – November 10, 2020 – Accela, the leading provider of cloud-based solutions for government, today announced it will join the National League of Cities (NLC) for their Virtual City Summit as a Capstone Partner, exhibitor, and multiple session participant. At the event, experts from Accela will engage in three panel sessions focused on how cities can leverage technology and public-private partnerships to manage the demands of the COVID-19 pandemic and beyond. With local agencies across the country currently facing multiple crises at once, they must work with the private sector to overcome these challenges and rebuild their communities equitably and sustainably. Accela partners with over 80% of America’s largest cities to help them offer vital citizen services remotely during this unprecedented time.
The three City Summit sessions featuring Accela will share best practices, celebrate success stories, and help local leaders develop strategies for bolstering resilience in their communities.
In addition to the sessions, Accela representatives will also be on-hand for solution demos and discussions throughout the event from November 17-20 at Booth #501. For City Summit attendees, Accela is offering a downloadable reference guide called “COVID-19 Good Governance Reference Guide,” which provides links to resources and case studies highlighting cities and counties across the country demonstrating excellence in their COVID-19 responses.
In this pre-City Summit Fireside Chat on Partnership Day, Peter Hatch, the NYC COVID-19 Public-Private Partnerships Czar, and Heidi Lorenzen, Vice President of Marketing at Accela and Co-Chair of the NLC Corporate Partner Leadership Council, will discuss how New York tapped into partnerships with the private sector to manage the COVID-19 crisis, and best practices for other cities to do the same.
- Where: REGISTER FOR PARTNERSHIP DAY (prior to City Summit)
- When: Friday, November 13, 1-1:30 PM PST/4-4:30 PM EST
- Who: Heidi Lorenzen, Co-Chair of Corporate Partners Leadership Council, NLC, and Vice President of Marketing, Accela
Peter Hatch, COVID-19 Public-Private Partnership Czar, New York City
- The COVID-19 pandemic has accelerated the need for cities to improve their use of technology. Some of these innovative practices will disappear when social distancing is no longer needed, but some should continue. Hear from local leaders and experts who will discuss best practices for going online; what it means for city budgets to purchase, operate, and maintain new technology; and how to turn short-term adjustments into long-term solutions.
- Where: REGISTER FOR CITY SUMMIT
- When: Thursday, November 19, 8-9 AM PST/11 AM-12 PM EST
- Who: Amber D’Ottavio, Vice President of Product Management, Accela
Laila Alequresh, Chief Innovation Officer, City of Dallas, Texas
Susan Norton, Chief of Staff, City of Fayetteville, Arkansas
Alan Shark, Executive Director, Public Technology Institute, CompTIA
- Accela’s panel of govtech innovation and implementation experts will illustrate the challenges, opportunities, and pivot‐points threaded through three department‐level technology projects created, or interrupted, by COVID-19. When the pandemic threatened to undermine otherwise healthy project schedules and resources to deliver online payments, virtual workflow, web forms and manager dashboards, exceptional technology, leadership, and partnership allowed local governments to pivot quickly to protect citizens and to safely reopen businesses.
- Where: REGISTER FOR CITY SUMMIT
- When: Friday, November 20, 8-9 AM PST/11 AM -12 PM EST
- Who: Heidi Lorenzen, Co-Chair of Corporate Partners Leadership Council, NLC, and Vice
President of Marketing, Accela
Amber D’Ottavio, Vice President of Product Management, Accela
Brenda DeGregory, Vice President of Professional Services, Accela
Accela provides market-leading cloud solutions that empower the most innovative state and local governments around the world to build thriving communities, grow businesses and protect citizens. More than 275 million citizens globally benefit from Accela’s solutions, which are powered by Azure, for permitting, licensing, code enforcement and service request management. Accela’s fast-to-implement Civic Applications, built on its robust and extensible Civic Platform, help agencies address specific needs today, while ensuring they are prepared for any emerging or complex challenges in the future. The company was recently recognized as a 2020 Microsoft US Partner Award winner for its innovative SaaS solutions to help governments respond to the COVID-19 pandemic, and was named as one of the Largest East Bay Tech Employers by San Francisco Business Journal. Accela is headquartered in San Ramon, California, with additional offices around the world. For more information, visit www.accela.com.