Alcohol and Tobacco Licensing
Meet unique regulatory requirements while saving your staff time and money
Accela helps alcohol and tobacco regulatory agencies by automating civic business processes and the management of the relationships involved in the production, distribution and sales of alcoholic beverages and tobacco products. We can save your agency time and money through the automation of new license issuance, renewals and transfers as well as investigations and hearings. Accela helps manage the steps to meet the requirements of statutes, regulations and commission rules for the issuance of each license.
Advanced Solutions for Alcoholic Beverage Issues
Manage unlimited license types: Easily create new types and business rules to reflect the regulations of your jurisdiction for businesses or individuals, including:
Producers and manufacturers
Wholesalers and distributors
Retail sales and on-premise consumption
Operators (bartenders and servers)
Packaging and labeling
The regulation of alcohol and tobacco is complex and varies between control and non-control states. Our solutions are tailored to meet the unique needs of a number of agencies. Key features include:
- Citizen access: With the Accela Civic Platform, your agency can move traditional counter services to the web and realize the benefits of providing 24-hour self-service online for the public to apply for permits and licenses, schedule inspections, submit service requests and check the status of these activities.
- Customized data screens and search fields: Easily locate any data specific to licenses or cases in the system and use to monitor, track or report information about owners, shareholders, managers and others within a license or case, and add additional search fields as needed.
- Upload documents and files: Secure access to license applications, fingerprint applications, fire marshal certifications, voluntary agreements or any other critical files.
- Schedule Liquor Commission meeting and hearings: Agency-wide calendar records all scheduled hearing dates based on the hearing body’s availability.
- Mobile technology: Your agency can leverage any mobile device for investigation capabilities while ensuring field staff has access to license and enforcement information in the field. Collect and upload critical data, photos and documents that can be passed to the main office and on to other agents.
- GIS integration: Accela’s award-winning Esri ArcGIS integration aids enforcement activities in government, providing automated maps to give staff direct access to geospatial information of all land-use, zoning and enforcement data associated with a property or license. It also allows selection of radius buffers for license area limits to email or print notifications.
Learn more about Accela Licensing and Case Management.