This fall, Accela will welcome hundreds of state and local government leaders, product experts and industry changemakers to its annual govtech conference, Accelarate. For the second year in a row, the event will be complimentary and offered fully virtual within a highly immersive, engaging online environment. A hallmark of the conference – Accela’s Trendsetter Awards – will celebrate the people, cities, states and counties around the globe raising the bar on government excellence and leveraging technology to anticipate and meet challenges head-on to arrive at better agency and constituent outcomes.
There are 10 Trendsetter Award categories and all Accela customers, partners and staff are encouraged to submit nominations for any individual, team, department or collaborator harnessing technology solutions, new automation methods, digital strategies or other modernization processes to successfully navigate evolving resident demands.
2021 Trendsetter Award Categories
Individual recognition categories include:
- Civic Hero: Building Communities – Recognizing a government professional who has effectively leveraged Accela’s Building, Planning and/or Service Request Management solutions to grow their communities by implementing an innovative solution to drive efficiency and reduce turnaround times for reviewing, processing, and approving citizen requests.
- Civic Hero: Growing Businesses – Recognizing a government professional who has effectively leveraged Accela’s Business Licensing, Occupational Licensing, Alcoholic Beverage Control, Short-Term Rental and/or Cannabis Regulation solution to help businesses grow while also maneuvering the complexities of becoming and staying compliant quickly and efficiently.
- Civic Hero: Protecting Citizens – Recognizing a government professional who has effectively leveraged Accela’s Environmental Health and/or Fire Prevention solution to protect the public health and safety of citizens, while creating a high-demand place to live and do business.
Agency recognition categories include:
- Ultimate Citizen Experience – Recognizing an agency that has radically improved the design and delivery of government services to become more responsive to its citizens by creating a consumer-like, online experience to submit requests, automate workflows, process payments and provide services quickly.
- Emerging Regulation – Recognizing an agency that adapts and embraces the challenges of new and emerging regulation, while promoting innovation within its community.
- Digital Service Transformation – Recognizing an agency that has revolutionized complex processes through automation within a digital environment to improve efficiencies and allow for a proactive approach in the way it serves its citizens.
- Next Gen Economic Development – Recognizing a high performing agency that has modernized processes and implemented efficiencies to foster economic development within its community.
- Government in the Cloud – Recognizing an agency that has made the switch from on-premises to SaaS to better serve its citizens through the cloud by delivering resources and services easier and at an accelerated rate.
- Connected Government – Recognizing an agency that has leveraged multi-departmental solutions to share data and break down organizational silos ultimately saving valuable time and resources.
In addition, this year a new award category has opened up which is linked to the theme of the conference, Our Path Forward. This themed award recognizes a government agency who has become a beacon of change and innovation to help constituents and/or staff navigate the challenges of today’s new realities, while preparing for future disruptions.
Nominations are due by July 21st and all award winners will be announced at the conclusion of the Accelarate conference on October 6th. Winners will receive a full conference pass to attend Accelarate 2022, which will be held in-person at a U.S. location to be announced.